Friday, January 30, 2009

Mr. and Mrs.

Today I have been thinking about when my hubby and I weren't Mr. and Mrs. yet and we were still in that "gushy" stage. You know, where you can't wait for them to call, you hope it's them every time the phone rings, and your heart melts when you see them. I have to say that sometimes I miss that. When you are married and have kids life is always so busy and you can easily get caught up in the day to day and forget those wonderful things that you used to always think about your spouse. I think that it is important to reflect on those times, to remember why you wanted to spend the rest of your life with this person. To ponder on the core of this person and all the good things that drew you to them in the first place. Today, I am pausing to remember all of those things about my husband. The friend that he was to me. The man that I fell in love with. The man that I married and the father of my children. I do miss those days now and then, but who he is to me now is all of that and so much more. And that only makes me look forward to our future and how deep our relationship will be in the years to come. Here is to you honey, I love you. 


It looks like we were really thirsty, huh!? This was about 5 months before we got married and we had taken the kids to the park that day. So, we had a water for everyone. I remember this day very fondly and I look at this picture often. 






2 comments:

Mommyto3 said...

I love this picture of you. You look young and happy!
And of course tan!!!!!

Summer Willard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers