Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree 2009

Ahhhh, the smell of a fresh cut Christmas tree!! I LOVE IT. I love everything about Christmas. The decorations, the family time, the music, the food! But what I love the most is celebrating Jesus. Celebrating his birth and what that means for all of us. I always make sure that is the main focus in my house this time of year. We always have so much fun going to get our tree after Thanksgiving. We enjoy picking out just the "right one" and bringing it home and putting it up. We string the lights and start putting on the ornaments. I make homemade sugar cookies with red and green sprinkles and hot chocolate. We enjoy each others company and then sit and enjoy our beautiful tree. It's being together doing something that we all enjoy that makes it so special. We had a great time this past weekend picking out our tree and decorating it. I hold these memories very close to my heart.

I hope that you are all enjoying the start of December!! Can you believe it?! Christmas is in 24 days!! I need to be planning! We are going to a Christmas party this Saturday and I'm taking a homemade dessert. I just have to decided what to take. Any suggestions? And hopefully we will go out looking at Christmas lights this weekend too. That is another favorite of ours. Here are a few photos from our Christmas Tree 2009 search and the final result! Ethan was so helpful picking out trees that he liked. Jon and Caleb love being silly (all the time!) and Corey was worn out by the whole experience! Austin was super serious when helping to put the tree on top of our van. Actually, he didn't know I was taking his picture and the sun was in his eyes. What is your favorite part of Christmas time? Do tell! I love hearing from all of you. Have a wonderful day!!






2 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

My favorite part of Christmas is sitting in church on Christmas Eve, listening to the choir sing carols. I get warm and fuzzy every year, as everyone is buzzing with anticipation. My hubby works Christmas Eve this year, so we can't go (we'll be there on Christmas Day instead), so I'm praying I get the same feeling!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Mommy Bear said...

Cute pictures!

We love to curl up by the fire and sing Christmas carols, watch Christmas movies, or tell the story of Jesus' birth.

I just found a recipe the other day for peppermint bark. I haven't tried it yet but it looks pretty good.
http://www.pauladeen.com/index.php/recipes/view2/peppermint_bark_recipe/

Followers